Monday, September 27, 2010

Bay to Birdwood Day!

Yesterday was one of the highlights of my year with the Bay to Birdwood run. Now I prefer classic cars, so the B2B Classic is the bees knees for me, but with the awesome weather yesterday the Run was still pretty special. Lots of fantastic cars and trucks and bikes and buses. I've never seen so many bikes in the Run before. I love this era 4WD's I must admit, I could definitely add a Series 1 Landrover or a WW2 era Jeep to my collection.

Landrover S1

WW2 era Jeep, probably a Ford although I can't really tell.

Another Landie, I have a vague recollection of seeing this one on eBay, or maybe in a copy of Australian Classic Car magazine? I can't remember.

You can see my photo album of the B2B run here. I really liked the range of old Okie from Grapes of Wrath style vehicles too. Lost of rusty looking jalopy's.

 Anyway, this post doesn't appear to be related to the Corona build, but I did score an owners handbook on eBay a couple of days ago. Looks like this, not sure as yet whether it is my year or an earlier RT40, guess I'll find out when it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment