Saturday, September 5, 2015

Fuel issues?

Th previous post mentioned the odd misfire, which I had put down to old dirty fuel, which is partly correct. What I hadn't noticed was the sealant used on the fuel lines when I reinstalled them had reacted with the fuel and little blobs had made there way into the fuel system.

I had rebuilt the fuel pump, the fuel filter bowl and redid all the lines and was still having problems to the point where the Corona died going up North East Road, and not in the three lane area, but  up past the Fox n Firkin where there was nowhere to pull off! Managed to swing across into a driveway before in totally died.

Assuming still fuel pump I pulled the original off and took it down to be rebuilt. Alas no kits are available! Gah! Managed to procure an aftermarket one, which I'm not happy about, given how original the rest of the engine bay presents.

Anyway after this, the problem was still not cured! I totally stripped down the carburettor to find tiny blue particles of sealant inside. After a thorough blow out and clean, resintalled the carby and we were purring! So good, it hadn't run that well before. Hooray. And not a day too soon as tomorrow is the inaugural RT40 Corona Adelaide cruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment