Saturday, August 8, 2015

Birdwood trial run

The Bay to Birdwood Classic is next month, and although I'd already entered with another vehicle, I'm considering changing my entry vehicle to the Corona. In order to do that, I thought I'd better check that it would get there ok as the road to Birdwood is extremely windy and hilly.

I needn't have worried, apart for the odd misfire, which I still think is residual dirty or contaminated fuel on steep ascents, and the lack of power when reaching the peaks, it performed very well and the handling was excellent. I'm not surprised they raced them back in the day (well the manuals anyway).







I quickly stopped for a photo at the Big Rocking Horse on the way back.


Seems the cold weld on the radiator has blocked that pinhole too, which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment