Monday, June 8, 2015

Carby rebuild

Poor photo of the rebuilt carb
 In the previous post I mentioned that the carby was being difficult. I've rebuilt carbs in the past, but generally only simple things like Holden Strombergs and not something like the complicated Aisans found in these vehicles. Also it's almost impossible to find a kit for it. I ended up biting the bullet and taking it to Adelaide Carb Services. They rebuilt it (also noticing it was missing a couple of bits and replacing them) for a reasonable $280. Plonked it on and the car started and idled immediately! Well worth it. 

The gearbox wasn't selecting either, which was concerning given I'd had it completely reconditioned. Rookie mistake, seems I'd simply forgotten to finish filling it up! It only had about 2L of fluid and requires 4.5L from dead empty. Filled it and we're back in business.

Last weekend I managed to potter up and down the driveway a few times, noticing that it still needed a little more gearbox fluid and the brakes needed re-adjusting. I had almost no brakes it reverse, which was slightly concerning when backing down my steep driveway.



No comments:

Post a Comment