Saturday, June 13, 2015

And driving!

Today I finished readjusting the brakes, topped up the gearbox and decided to do a few laps of the driveway! I was smiling all afternoon. It's been 5 years to get to this stage (yes I know much of that was procrastination) but we're not far from going on the road now!


I ordered new rego plates many weeks ago, not realising you can't collect them from Service SA if the vehicle is unregistered, so it still has no plates. I might do a quickie repaint of the old plates to keep me going until I get around to collecting the new ones.


I love registering on the internet. It's been off the road for 9 years, unregistered for maybe 4 but you just enter the details on the net and bam, registered vehicle. Just insured it on the phone and we might go for a bit of a drive around the suburb later on to iron out any bugs. I do anticipate it'll need a thorough wheel alignment given nearly every steering and suspension component is new.

As the original plates were R issued series (RFR-299) I assumed they'd be non-slogan replicas, however I since found as I wasn't actually signing up for new issues R plates and just replacing mine, they come with the 'South Australia' slogan at the bottom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment