Friday, July 17, 2015

Exhausted after a trip around the block


Finally we're ready for some cruising!

Clean, running, interior in, lets go.

Did a few trips around the block, up to a friends house not far away home again, and then to get fuel and then the exhaust blew. Not surprising really given I suspect it's actually the original exhaust from the factory. Whenever I started it in the shed, a shovel full of rust and crap would blow out of the pipes.


Shortly after the exhaust let go. Looks great, sounds awful, runs a bit rough.


Today it went for it's longest trip, running a little rough, down to the exhaust joint near my work.



I knew there was still some fuel issue as when you plant the foot it hesitates and sometimes bogs down, but after some discussion with the exhaust bloke we agreed it's probably the ancient fuel in the tank. I topped it up with a jerry can some months back, but the fuel in the tank is probably 10 years old (last registered in 2006) and the fuel in the jerry can is probably at least that old if not more! I added $20 worth of fuel the other week, but obviously not enough to dilute the gunk.

Anyway, on the way home I filled it totally - to overflowing actually which unfortunately softened the paint under the filler pipe. However within about 5 minutes of driving it was suddenly running smooth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment